S7-1500 + Comfort panel trend visualisation

NoName

Hello all.

I would need some advice.
I have an s7-1500 station linked to a KTP900 comfort panel. We would like to upgrade a machine with a measuring system of 8 position sensors and 8 force measuring sensors. The position sensors are on a profinet interface and the 8 force sensors would go through high speed analog inputs.

I would like to display a trend where X is travel and Y is force. The trend should be as accurate as possible. So I would need the panel to display this trend but, from what I have experience the fastest time for the update of the tags on the panel is 0.1 s. I fear that this is not fast enough and the trends will not be really helpful.

I hope that you know what I mean. I am also open to a different approach

Cheers
Aleix

If I understand correctly, you actually need an X/Y curve, and not a time/Y curve as is the typical "trend" curve.
It is called an f(x) curve in TIA.
Now, be aware that TIA assume that you want to create the f(x) curve in real-time.
If you are logging the X and Y values in the PLC, for example because you need to log the values much faster than the HMI can follow, then you have to use a special method to get the data from your PLC (typically in a 2-dimensional array) to the f(x) curve in the HMI.
It involves a script in the HMI to create dummy timestamps for each of the plot points.
If that is what you need to do there is this FAQ: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/109481693

That shows how you make an f(x) trend that updates in realtime. So it is not useful for data that updates very fast or instantanously, and that is a requirement for NoName. As he write the fastest tag update speed of 0.1 sec is not enough.

So NoName has to use the method described in the FAQ I linked to.
I use it myself, and works as intended despite that it is a bit of a cludge.

Ahh, I missed the cycle part.
That one time I get to plug my video... ;)

The link you sent might come in handy tho, so all is forgiven :) ;)

Hello.
Thank you guys for the great input. Today I managed to go through the link that JesperMP provided and is exactly what I need.
The youtube video will come also come in handy in future aplications.

Thank you again.

Cheers
Aleix