Rslogix 5000 slow to load

Hi All, I'm new to this site and it's my first ever post. Hope to get some answers to a very simple problem. I'm running Rslogix 5000 Ver. 19 on windows 7 laptop, Core i5. To my understanding it's a decent speed laptop. But for some reason, it takes lot of time while loading Rslogix 5000. Does anyone know why it's like that and have any suggestions on how to reduce this time.

RS Knowledgebase 114274 alludes to the problem.

Unplug all ethernet connections and try again...if it is faster then do the following:

Control Panel - Internet Options - advanced

Uncheck:
- check for publishers certificate revocation
- check for server certificate revocation
- check for signatures on downloaded programs

We tried this on different machines and it does work....

Hello!

On Windows 7 it is also a good idea (some may debate but experience has shown) to go to your System settings, set your paging file much larger than the minimum I usually set it to 10 gigabytes. While you are there change the way Windows prioritizes from Programs to Services (background services) this will drastically improve the snappiness to load RSlogix 500 and 5000. Lets all be honest Windows is horribly inefficient with resources. Trust me if Logix5000 was supported on Ubuntu Server 19 I never use Windows again.

Wait until your IT makes you go to Windows 10 and run Windows 7 in a VM, might as well make them spend another $1000 up front and get you a laptop with 20 gigs of ram and the fastest processor they can buy at the time, because it is an absolute nightmare.