A/B custom AOI Question

toddp65

So I had previously downloaded this AOI for Rs5000 (etc.) for buffering out a mildly erratic analog input (temperature) I added all of my variables and such and it seems to be working to buffer the input. As far as I can tell, the output is the Average, or the result of the time average logic.

Now what can I do with it? I don't see any way to use the number to send it to my HMI or to use it in temperature monitoring in one of my previous EQU instructions to control a valve. It doesn't seem to have a tag; when you pull in into a move instruction it's just a number. Thoughts on this? The info regarding what to do is vague. Maybe I need an alternative?

What do you mean by 'pull it into a move instruction'?

You should be able to address it as an element within the AOI tag; in the example shown you would use Temp_Buffer.Average

Last edited:

You should be able to address it as an element within the AOI tag; in the example shown you would use Temp_Buffer.Average

I guess I mean if you're going to grab a tag and move it to an array or move it to a timer PRE or something (just examples).

Ok great...I wasn't on the proper mindset to use the element preceded by the tag name and a decimal point. I did that, as you mentioned, and the tag is available and I can use it. I wasn't acquainted with grabbing those elements and how to modify them for use in the logic.

You may also be able to set it to output it directly into a tag… I don't deal with AOI very often but I believe that should work.

So you would create a tag of suitable type (looks like a Real) and enter it in where the AOI is currently showing the average value. The AOI will then output the value to that tag.