String faults from PLC to PanelView 1000

SpencerXZX

Hello,

I have about 600 faults total. Currently I am using the panelview alerts and messages to display these faults. I would like to change this to just a string display on the panelview, and the actual fault message be stored in the processor and sent to one of 24 strings displayed on the panelview. Can anyone help me with this? I need support for showing up to 24 faults at one time on the panelview.

Thank you.

By the way. I am using Rockwell Logix 5000.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have about 600 faults total. Currently I am using the panelview alerts and messages to display these faults. I would like to change this to just a string display on the panelview, and the actual fault message be stored in the processor and sent to one of 24 strings displayed on the panelview. Can anyone help me with this? I need support for showing up to 24 faults at one time on the panelview.

Thank you.

By the way. I am using Rockwell Logix 5000.

You can have string tags in the PLC and read them into the HMI. Don't recall which version of RSLogix allows String Tags.

I would make an array called FaultString_Display in my PLC for a length of 25. That way you can use 1-24 to help keep things straight. Make your HMI String Displays and assign to FaultString_Display[n] Tag. Then write your logic to copy fault into correct display as needed.