RsLogix5000 AOI import

tarik1978

Hi

I have downloaded some AOI"s and a demo application from Siemens website for S120 servodrive.
I cant open the demo file, I have version 16,17,18 and 19 installed
also I cant import the AOI's
could someone please open the demo file, import the AOI's and convert to one of the versions I have.
Many thanks
AOI's attached but the demo file size exeeds 300KB I put it on Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2j20ohly4cw4eyb/EIP_S120_G120_Completed.ACD?dl=0

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

The ACD file shows version 20.0 - open in Notepad - last 'save' entry is the version.

The AOIs show version 19.1 - open each in Notepad - near the top

Try starting an empty project in 19 then attempt to import the AOIs.

You'll have to install 20.0 to open the ACD. 'Downconverting' an ACD is rather tricky.

Last edited:
The example File was in v20 BUT also used the 1769-L16xxx processor which doesn't have v19 support. I converted it using the 1769-L32E processor and in the L5K format which is smaller in size for purposes of the forum. Hope this helps, I know how important it can be to have an example of code that "works".