WondweWare V11.1 runtime license

rick62

Lifetime Supporting Member
can you use runtime license for v11.1 , to run a development application 10.0? wanted to upgrade the runtime so I can place it on windows 7, but my development application will be v10.0 project--

The 11.1 "Runtime License" will run your Application developed in 10.0. But Wonderware will need to be 10.0 on the win 7 pc.
You will not be able to do any development of the 10.0 app with a "runtime license".

If this question is because you have a development license for the 10.0 application, then I understand your question.

You do not really have Development applications unless you have never used the application because it is still under development ..
You have licenses to only use as "Runtime only" or "Runtime and/or Development".
With Wonderware You have choices of 2 types of licenses...a license for Runtime and a license to be able to "develop" runtime applications.

If my answer is confusing...it may be because how you worded your post....
Maybe you can explain further..

Also...WW Intouch 10.0 is compatible with Windows 7...

Last edited:
Thanks, yes I do have the development License, for v10.0 . the application is in v8.0 and the client wants to upgrade their runtime license so they can install on windows 7 pc, so insource will upgrade their license to v11.1, I believe the latest, and I was going to install the application on their pc , but in v10.0. so your answer let me know that the updated version of the runtime license will be ok if the developed application is v10.0--Thanks NET.

Are you sure of this? If the app is developed in 10 but then run on 11, it will have to convert all the windows and DB to 11. I didn't think a runtime license would allow that. Although I've never tried it so I don't know. I've always used window maker to do the conversions.

Thanks, yes I do have the development License, for v10.0 . the application is in v8.0 and the client wants to upgrade their runtime license so they can install on windows 7 pc, so insource will upgrade their license to v11.1, I believe the latest, and I was going to install the application on their pc , but in v10.0. so your answer let me know that the updated version of the runtime license will be ok if the developed application is v10.0--Thanks NET.

Are you new to Wonderware Intouch?
You have WindowMaker and WindowViewer. WindowMaker is the development app and WindowViewer is the runtime app.

As I understand you have an Intouch version 8.0 app and want to convert it to 10.0 with your development license (this is done by opening the 8.0 app in WindowMaker V10.0, which starts the conversion to 10.0) and then use the 11.1 runtime license to operate the app.
No Problem....

The the Win 7 pc will have to have Intouch V10.0 installed for the 10.0 application that you converted from 8.0.
Then you can use the 11.0 runtime license to run the 10.0 application on the pc.

All Intouch licenses are "down-gradable"...ie...you can use a 11.1 license to run 7.11 thru 11.1 applications (maybe even before 7.11).

Last edited:
Are you new to Wonderware Intouch?
You have WindowMaker and WindowViewer. WindowMaker is the development app and WindowViewer is the runtime app.

As I understand you have an Intouch version 8.0 app and want to convert it to 10.0 with your development license (this is done by opening the 8.0 app in WindowMaker V10.0, which starts the conversion to 10.0) and then use the 11.1 runtime license to operate the app.
No Problem....

The the Win 7 pc will have to have Intouch V10.0 installed for the 10.0 application that you converted from 8.0.
Then you can use the 11.0 runtime license to run the 10.0 application on the pc.

All Intouch licenses are "down-gradable"...ie...you can use a 11.1 license to run 7.11 thru 11.1 applications (maybe even before 7.11).

I read back through the OP's posts, and maybe it's my reading comprehension, but it sounds like he's merging the terms "license" and "application". In both instances he mentions upgrading the Win7 machine to version 11 license. But is he confusing that with installing version 11 of Intouch also? My point, is yes, he can install ver 10 of Intouch and use a ver 11 license, but I don't think he can install ver 11 and with a ver 11 runtime license open a ver 10 file, as it will have to use WM to convert.

So, to be clear....Are you installing version 10 of intouch on your Win 7 machine or ver 11 on your Win 7 machine. Not speaking of the license, but the install of Intouch itself.

I am installing v10 of intouch on the windows 7 machine and the customer will upgrade their license thur insource which will be the lastest I think v11.1 runtime--

Ok...thanks for the clarification. Then if your installing the same v10 on the win 7 as your development machine you should be fine.