Hard time Opening Factory View Studio to see Tags

Thanks again for more info on this subject George. I guess I was under the false impression that MSSQL was only used on 64 bit machines. My understanding must have came from when it was first introduced in v6.1.

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\DATA
2. Delete the modellog.ldf and the model.mdf.
3. Browse to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\Template Data
4. Copy the following two files: modellog.ldf and model.mdf.
5. Paste the two files in the folder located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\Data
6. Reboot
7. Restart SQL Server(FTVIEWX64TAGDB) under services, if not started

Quick pit stop...

Hi Hansie and welcome to the Forum!

Your shared information is most welcome but I would advise you not to copy/paste directly from the Rockwell Knowledgebase. Rather, link the article instead, as I will now demonstrate...

Here is a link to the technote which contains the first step I mentioned earlier in this thread of checking the FTVIEWx64TagDB Service is running...

465364 - FactoryTalk View: SQL Server 2008 Express Instance FTVIEWx64TagDB... cannot be found
Access Level: TechConnect

...and the second step kindly provided by Hansie above. There is also a third scenario covered where the current MSSQL package has been unintentionally uninstalled while installing newer Rockwell software which installs a newer version of MSSQL.

Regards,
George

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\DATA
2. Delete the modellog.ldf and the model.mdf.
3. Browse to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\Template Data
4. Copy the following two files: modellog.ldf and model.mdf.
5. Paste the two files in the folder located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\Data
6. Reboot
7. Restart SQL Server(FTVIEWX64TAGDB) under services, if not started

Thank you!!
I works for me.

For step7, go services.msc ---> SQL Server(FTVIEWX64TAGDB)---> Start Service.