ET200SP ProfiNet Diagnostics

Hal9000

Hi all,

I would like to read the status of my ET200Sp interface modules / IO modules in my PLC program so that I can detect communication faults and individual I/O module faults. I will use this information to set respective alarms on my HMI and interlock my code.

I have a total of 7x IM155-6 PN ST interface modules with various digital I/O. The PLC is an S7-1214C

Am I correct to use the "ModuleStatus" instruction in my program? Or is there a better way to do this? I have set one "ModuleStatus" config up with the following parameters as a test:

LADDR = 283 (taken from my IM155 6 interface module properties, "hardware identifier" setting. (see attached image)

MODE = 5

When I download and tested, I get an error:

- the RET_VAL of 8092 (hex) -
"LADDR does not address an IO device or DP slave".

I am assuming the value needs to be format DEC? If I change the hardware identifier to something else, I get a different error:

- the RET_VAL of 8091 (hex) -
"Hardware identifier of the LADDR parameter does not exist. Check (for example, in the system constants) whether the value for LADDR exists in the project."

I would be grateful of any thoughts and recommendations.

Best regards

Justin

IM155 6.jpg

I'm fairly certain those are supposed to be Decimal, but I usually prefer to type out the name of the system constant, instead. It would probably be something like "Outstation_1~Head", or "Outstation_1~[name of card here]". This way, if the constants get changed, the system will automatically adjust the code when it is recompiled?

Thanks MK,

I hadn't realized I could browse the outstation itself.... I do now - thanks for that. Interestingly the hardware identifier now has an offset of 2 compared to that in the properties panel.

I'll download tomorrow and test on site.

Thanks again

Justin

ModState.PNG

Thanks MK,

I hadn't realized I could browse the outstation itself.... I do now - thanks for that. Interestingly the hardware identifier now has an offset of 2 compared to that in the properties panel.

I'll download tomorrow and test on site.

Thanks again

Justin

There are a bunch of identifiers associate with it. The head module is different from the IO device, which is different from the PN interface, which is different from the two ports, and then all the individual modules are separate, as well. I'm never sure which one I'm a supposed to use for a given command.