Help with visualisation - text field input

shrimper

Hi,

I would like to put a text field in my visualisation, where user can put some data (string or int). Then, after clicking a button, this data would be saved into MAIN(PRG) variable.

It seems that "Text field" is capable of only displaying text and variables. After I login and run program, placeholder %s disappears and variable from "Text variable" is displayed - but user cannot modify it.

I would like to give the user opportunity to edit content of this Text field by clicking on it and typing data from the keyboard.

I use TwinCAT 3 in Visual Studio 2013 Shell. There appears to be no alternative to "Text field" - maybe I miss some libraries? How do I add them?

Please answer :)

Regards,
shrimper

You just have to set your input configuration. Just go to your element property and set your input configuration for example to "one mouse click", then choose "Write a variable" and so on...

Thank you, it worked like a charm. I thought "write variable" just saves some predefined value into a variable, and was so sure about it that I never checked it out :)

Another curious thing is that after I click any button, the text I wrote a moment ago just disappears, although nothing in my code is capable of reseting it...

assoon as you entered the text, you will need to save it, as the program will keep running, it will overwrite what you typed.