5/04 DH485 Communication Issue

LarsonJL7

Hi!

So I have spent many hours trying to search and troubleshoot this but so far I haven't found a resolution...

I have a 5/04 1747-L541 OS401 PLC setup for Ch.1 DH+ and Ch. 0 DH485 ASCII. I also have the current program on my laptop for the PLC(5/04) and HMI(PV550) on this machine.

I am trying to get my laptop(with a serial port and XP) to communicate so I can make some changes to the program. I am using RSLinx Classic Lite Rev. 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR 1.

I was able to communicate 5 years ago when I pulled the program for backup purposes using the same laptop. My notes from then indicated that I used the 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver and the cable currently on the PLC that goes to the HMI(PV 550).
However, when I try that method now I can get the PIC driver to show up in the configured drivers box with a "Running" status but cannot use the "Startup", "Start" or "Stop" buttons as they are not active.

I have tried using the DF-1 driver with Auto Configure with out any luck as well.

I have also tried a bunch of random methods I have found while searching the forums but no luck so far. I know the serial port is working as I am able to connect to other PLC's in the plant with it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Mickey,

I am using SP3 but the patch didn't do it for me. I was able to get in there with the help of the manual you posted.
To resolve this I ended up using a USB-UIC adapter using the RS232 serial port and setting up RSLinx DF1 configure with the following;
Device - 1770-KF3/1747-KE
Station Number - 08
Error Checking - CDC
Baud Rate - 19200
Parity - None
Stop Bits - 1
Protocol - Full Duplex

Then clicking OK(no auto configure)

After that I was able to get online.

Thanks for the help,

Justus