PointIO chassi size conundrum

spaderkung

Hi,

I'm probably a spoon now, but designing the PointIO node offline with som DI, DO, EP24DC, FPD I get a chassi size of 12. Not possible to set lower in the menu.

Online I get the Christmas tree of death on the node. It reports a chassi size 11. I set it online and all is green.

There is a total of 11 IO cards. 12 including the AENTR.

Please help me understand.

BR
Jon

No, that would make too much sense.
You must use Linx to actually set the rack size.
Auto-discovery might work, but I never bother with it since it is a "Rockwell Feature", and not to be trusted.

Originally posted by rdrast:

You must use Linx to actually set the rack size.

This may be plc platform dependent. I was not a user of either Point I/O or the Logix platform in the early days of either platform and I have only used Point I/O with Logix platform controllers. But in all cases I have used Point I could set the chassis size in the adapter from the I/O properties pop-up in the Logix5k development environment without having to use RSLinx.

Having said that it is kind of silly that the plc doesn't automatically set this value on start-up.

Keith

This thread is referring to setting the chassis details in the 1734-AENT when you go online. Unless I miss my guess the screen shot you show is for setting the chassis size in development so you can add modules to your Point group.

Keith