1783-natr

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
When using a 1783-NATR does it have to be connected to a Stratix and the Stratix connected to the Cisco switch when using it? I am using it to connect to a CompactLogix L33ER controller but cannot see the public side of the NAT unless I am connected directly to it, instead of through the Cisco Switch

No it does not need a Stratix switch or any switch to be exact. If you can go private to public and public to private on the NATR by being directly connected to it but can't when going through your switch it sounds like your switch is not configured correctly.

The part I missed when setting one up was giving the PLC a gateway address, which is the NAT's address.

+1

I did the same thing too with the first one! Just to add a small detail to dmroeder's post - the gateway to the NATR on the private side.

Also keep in mind, 1)the default address for the NATR on the private side is 192.168.1.1. I had a palletizer come into the plant where the manufacturer set the PLC as the same address but never changed the IP from the default on the NATR. IP conflict, yes, but everything on the private side stayed humming along without issue. 2) Even though your PLC may work with Ethernet/IP, you can only access it through the Ethernet Devices driver in RSLinx if you are connecting through the NATR. Don't forget to setup your mapping!