Medoc program to Developer

Jim.M

Hi, I recently converted a program from MEDOC to Developer. The CPU is an old A1N MELSEC. Downloading the program works fine and I can try some buttons on the machine and se them work online.

Now to the problem..

Even though i have copied the program exactly from MEDOC to Deveolper some sequences will not start and some memorys just flicker. When i download the old MEDOC program i can Monitor the machine via the new program in Developer and so on.. But then the memorys in question dont flicker..

Any one who have any tips who have tried this method before? Also worth to mention is that in the MEDOC program there is this instruction

---(X16)------------------------------[MC NO M80]-----

and this:

|
|
|
_
M80 (some kind of jump ?)
_
|
|

Regards Jim

no
it is a "Master ON" or interlock cct

m1 m10
---] [----------( )---

m10
----[ ]--------!---- rung a
!
!---- rung B
!
!---- rung C

by now you have probably worked it out

(MC - MCR)

note the A series is both discontinued and not suported

Thanks for clarify this :) Now it makes sense to me !

Hehe yes i know this PLC is old.. But due to some political nonsens in the factory they decided to rebuild a machine with this old museum piece PLC :(

Last edited:
tell your bosses that the Q series is smaller faster and
wont suffer from dry solder joints
which is the typical fault with 20+ year old PLC's
apart from no spares
it should be able to be programmed with GX dev but not MEDOC
you may need full FXworks software

Last edited:
I don't believe it is sold anywhere
Most of the PLCs no longer accept the dos based version

We have Melsec A Mitsubishi plc: A0J2CPUR23 and I don`t know how to get the program from this module, I just use SC-09 cable.

I can`t find MEDOC software(

If you really do need it then talking to your local Mitsubishi distributor is going to be the best option,

But as above, you are going to need something like Windows 95 to run it and have half a chance of making it work.

Medoc ran absolutely fine on NT4.0. It also ran most of the time on XP but would occasionally simply refuse to communicate with the PLC. I can still run it from a command prompt on Windows 7 but have never tried to actually connect this set up to a PLC. My main use for Medoc nowadays is to generate print files which can be imported into GX Developer. I suspect that the communication issues are more to do with hardware advances than software problems.