Bailey Infi90

supertrucker

Does anyone have any experience with Bailey Infi90? Having all kinds of trouble with our system. Replaced a bunch of i/o modules that were bad. System files became corrupted on windows xp computer and can't load Bailey I/O server with diagnostics anymore. Where can you get a copy of this anyway? Keeps getting message that dcs disconnects randomly thru wonder ware. One more module must be bad because a few valves are not under control whatsoever. No signal going to those valves running off 4-20ma. Not sure what I could do next?

Last edited:
Check with local ABB office, or local consulting office.

Are you using PCV or process portal or 800xA? Composer?

As Infi90 ages, the knowledge pool depletes, and cost to repair increases.

That is what I am thinking. We have a number of aging components on a 40 year old plant that simply are going to need to be replaced, but they have stubbornly put off any upgrades. I believe it is just a windows xp HMI connected thru a ciu to the bailey system. It uses bailey I/O server v5.21 and wonderware 9 or 10.

Is it the XP machine that has the issue? Can you use another workstation to connect to the infi90 cpu? What sorts of MFP/INICT-type modules do you have? What status LEDs are showing? Is the connector tot he termination assembly loose (for that one AO card)?

Is it the XP machine that has the issue? Can you use another workstation to connect to the infi90 cpu? What sorts of MFP/INICT-type modules do you have? What status LEDs are showing? Is the connector tot he termination assembly loose (for that one AO card)?

Tried reseating many connectors. None of the obvious stuff is working. No lights are red. I am terribly unfamiliar. Just thought maybe someone had experienced similar symptoms long ago and remembered. Its looking like we may be getting a delta v.

ABB guy came out and quoted us $600,000 for upgrade. Ouch! What does it typically cost for a system with 500-600 I/O points?

What system level did he want to bring you up to? BRC controllers with S+ or HarmonyConnect to 800xA?

500-600 i/o isn't a lot, so I'm wondering what is inflating the $$number.

$600k sounds crazy, but with Bailey you're in the DCS world. And those kinds of price tags are not unheard of (think oil/gas and deep pockets). I don't know your industry, but if at all possible when you upgrade consider a PLC based system. Most of the features that a DCS provided 20+ years ago are now fairly standard for PLC's (redundancy and highly reliable communications). But that's for tomorrow...

Were you able to get your system stabilized and functional? Did the ABB rep help get you Bailey I/O server?