Thousand Separator in WinCC(Tia Portal)

H3llion

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with something i'm trying to do...in WinCC(Tia Portal V13) i have some output fields that display real numbers..what i'm trying to do is make them numbers appear with separators e.g 100.000 instead of 100000. I'm not talking about decimals but about thousand separators...i did a lot of research and the only thing i found was the use of analog display(external) which is a wincc 7.3 feature only....Do you have any idea of how could i make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you very much in advance!

This might be completely irrelevant for your application but the issue reminds me of a problem that used to occur when using RSLinx as a DDE server for a Fix32 installation. Fix would use the Windows default thousands separator for analogue output tags and this was normally set as "," for UK installations. Unfortunately RSLinx would not accept any separator so writing a value above 999 would fail. Windows would allow you to change the separator from the control panel but would not let you delete it altogether. The solution was to find the separator in the windows registry (in the CPL/Intl key I think)and delete it there.

I guess that you are talking about WinCC professional. In the other WinCC version for panels there is something called format pattern that is used to format number of decimals and other things. Is there anything similar in Professional?
FormatPattern.jpg

First of all I'd like to thank both of you for taking the time to help me out..I'd also like to clarify that this is not a problem or some kind of incompatibility of Siemens WinCC...I did check though at windows regional settings if there was any adjustments I could make to bypass that limitation but unfortunately there was none.Yes,I am talking about WinCC Professional and the format pattern feature is also there but the problem is that if I modify the format pattern by inserting commas(,) or dots(.) as separators then I'll get the "invalid character" message and wincc will revert the format pattern back to it's initial form(s99999999.9)..I'd really appreciate if you could help me out with that.