Promass 83 to measure sugar volume,density

sparksy@gage

We have a E&H Promass 83 measuring the outflow from a liquid sugar tank. It has a pulse, 4-20 and two relay cards fitted. we now only use the 4-20 for volume.
we currently use the 4-20 to measure volume out of the tank but it only gives us a litre/sec.
I understand that the flowmeter can also calculate density of the sugar solution.
we are more interested in reading the actual amount of sugar pumped out.
I realise that we could replace the relay card with another 4-20 and send the density as well as the volume to the PLC and do the working out there but would it be possible to setup the flowmeter to internally calculate the density and apply that to the existing volume output so it gives a true reading of kg of sugar per sec. The density of the sugar solution varies with loads.

If you set the flowmeter to output Kgs/hr, or set the pulse for a pulse every 1Kg, all the calculation is done internally, within the flowmeter.

You don't need to do any calcs in the PLC at all.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks guys for quick replies.
Its a S7 PLc and im just getting the hang of the Seimens programming after 25 years of Allen Bradley with pepsico.
So what I am hoping is that there is a way to set up the flowmeter so the existing analogue signal will measure the flow out and adjust the value taking into account the varying density of the liquid sugar.

Thanks guys for quick replies.
Its a S7 PLc and im just getting the hang of the Seimens programming after 25 years of Allen Bradley with pepsico.
So what I am hoping is that there is a way to set up the flowmeter so the existing analogue signal will measure the flow out and adjust the value taking into account the varying density of the liquid sugar.

If you set the 4-20 as mass flow rate, it will be currect for differing densities. What you may want to do if you want to know density is set the 4-20 to be density, then set the pulse output to be mass totalizer. This would be setup to pulse every x mass units (example 1 pulse every 0.1 kg). You would need to do flow rate calculation in plc