SO many CHOICES!!!

RogerBrunner

Looking to replace small discreet relay system (20inputs/20outputs Max) with PLC/Smart Relays, Ive been looking at IDEC smart relays, Siemans LOGO, Crouzet Millenium3 and A-B Micro 850. Which direction shall i go??

How do i determine the ferrule pin length for the above?

Isnt 20/20 i/o a little much for a "smart relay", even if theoretically possible ?
Of course it depends on what you want to do with these 20/20 i/o.
Unless it is for very simple logic, I would suggest a mini PLC like Siemens S7-1200, or Omron CPM, or some of the others.

It will be very simple logic, 1 or more inputs to fire 1 on more outputs, once a input fires for 3 seconds fire this output, Seems simple to me .....

I would find out what plc's are in your plant and what the plant standard is.
I would also find out what maintenance is used to programming.
then find a local distributor.

for example, if the Plant is all ab, why put in another brand that no one knows how to program.

regards,
james

In this case, I would +2 the Click. For just over a hunjee you can get yourself PLC with ENET and IO.

Another vote for Click. A C0-00DR-D unit will get you 8 in and 6 relay out, a pair of C0-08TR will get you another 16 relays and a C0-16ND3 will get you another 16 in.

Covers all of your bases and gives you a few extras.

Since you are in the security industry, here are my thoughts.

1. find out what your state allows in regards to plc controls.
2. you will need to protect the plc program, a password sheet and backups is a must. Have several backups at other locations in case the laptop drive dies.
3. I would look at the lifespan of the relay contacts and compare it to the
plc relay contacts. plc contacts do go bad.
regards,
james