quick designer activation

srummel

The "automation tech" at work gave me a quick designer 3.7 disk and the sn# to practice with at home but I cant figure out how to get it activated. I would rather not have to ask him (trying to avoid looking like a dumb *** at work)

The "automation tech" at work gave me a quick designer 3.7 disk and the sn# to practice with at home but I cant figure out how to get it activated. I would rather not have to ask him (trying to avoid looking like a dumb *** at work)

This is worst thing to do, not ask a question in fear of what others think about it.

One day it might cost your employer 1 million dollars.

I hope you get the point and go and ask.

You are going to have to ask him for the Key Code to go along with the serial number. He should have that also if it has ever been activated. During the install, there is a point that asks for the Activation. I think you can skip it at that point, not sure. If you do want to activate it later, do the following. When you get the serial number and Key Code from him, look under the Help tab, there is a button called Product Activation. Click on it, fill in the information.

quickdesigner will run for 3-4 days in demo mode. you can then uninstall then reinstall and get another 3-4 days. so you really dont need to license it unless you dont want to have to worry about reinstalling every few days.

You are going to have to ask him for the Key Code to go along with the serial number. He should have that also if it has ever been activated. During the install, there is a point that asks for the Activation. I think you can skip it at that point, not sure. If you do want to activate it later, do the following. When you get the serial number and Key Code from him, look under the Help tab, there is a button called Product Activation. Click on it, fill in the information.
Only GEIP can give you the key to unlock it.
You need to call GEIP at 800.433.2682 and navigate to software registration.
The "key-code" is unique to every computer and is generated by the GE software, in this case QuickDesigner.
It may not be 'legal' to install the same software on more than one operating computer, so verify with your company that this is your copy.
Otherwise just re-install it every 4 days. :)

@srummel,
Follow RussB's advice, he's the expert on this. What I posted obviously was not correct. Sorry for the bad information.
@RussB,
I think I confused myself. I was thinking he was just going to be using it on one computer. I thought that he could move it from one to the other by simply uninstalling it on the original computer, then, re-use the Key Code. I see now that to move it requires a different procedure.

Last edited: