Rockwell Literature Library download failures

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone else out there have major issues with downloading manuals from the Rockwell literature library? It works for me sometimes, but very often I can't get documents from there. I'm using Chrome as a browser and it will get as far as putting the document in the download bar at the bottom of the browser, but it says "Starting" and just hangs there.

Very frustrating...a colleague of mine said one of the Rockwell Tech support guys told him that even the Rockwell guys have internal problems with their site, since it's been under construction, but that was supposed to have finished up.

Just curious if this is a widespread frustration, or is in fact something local to my PC or network.

-Greg

It happens quite often for the posted .pdf documents.
It's mostly related to local networking bandwidth vs. Rockwell servers settings and one trick would be to use Chrome's right click menu and "Save Link As" to a personal PC location of your choice; it has yet to fail in my case.

Using "Save Link As" is what gets me to the hung Chrome download. So that hasn't helped in my case.

I just tried using IE and it locked up IE on me when trying to load it the first time, just went back and now it loaded there OK.

I hope the guys writing their PLC firmware are better than their web developers!!

I can't recall ever having problems downloading a PDF manual from the literature library.

Using Firefox, always right click and pick save.

I haven't had any issues downloading PDF's from Rockwell but i noticed lately if i choose to save a copy it locks up my computer for sometimes as long as 45 seconds to a minute before it finally saves it.The hour glass just sits there and my computer becomes non-responsive until the file actually gets saved.