FactoryTalk View ME version compatibility?

James42005

Hello, I know this has been discussed before but i couldn't find exactly what i was looking for in older posts, here is what i got...

I have a FTV ME project that was created in a 32bit environment with version 5.1 running on a PVP CE 1500. I am using FTV Studio V9. I needed to make some updates to the project and I found out the hard way about the "never convert" selection when creating the runtime. I don't have access to a 32 bit PC to make my changes. It appears the device is discontinued and running the latest firmware. So I have a few questions about my options. I see that Rockwell has rollup patch for Studio V9 to address this issue, can anyone confirm this works? I aslo read somewhere that v10 may also be able to convert runtime back to 5.1, again can anyone confirm? But what i would really like to know, is if anyone has ran FTV Studio in some sort of 32bit mode on a 64bit PC? I am relatively new at this so if there are other easier options to work around this problem please advise.
Thank you.

I've used the patch update for v9 and also used newer versions and successfully opened older 32-bit applications. I have not however, created a version 5.1 runtime and then opened it on a 32-bit system. I've gone forward, but not backwards.

OG