PowerFlex 525 Logic Status Word

James42005

Hello, I hoping someone can provide clarification on PF525 Status word, namely the .AtReference and .Active bits. I cannot find anything from Rockwell about conditions that set these bits in the drive.

AtReference is pretty obvious, but Im wondering what the threshold is? The +/- of the set speed that this bit is on?

Active, also should be pretty obvious, but still curious what exact condition(s) set this bit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

.active is when the motor is receiving power from the vfd.

The sequence is .ready (start command) motor running, .active goes high. that is as long as the drive started.

Can’t comment on the reference tolerance. I don’t hardly use that bit much.

I don't know the +/- of AtReference, but not that when it drops below speed it def. removes that bid. So if you want to have up to speed, I'd use the bit to latch another saying you are atspeed even if it speeds up or slows down a little. If you need exact speed you are using the wrong drive or need some kind of encoder for feedback. (527 might be a better drive.)