RTD 4 wire connection to 1734-IR2 module

MedSelmi

Hello!

I have RTD sensor with 4 wire and shield ( 2 red wire + 2 white wire + Shield)
and I want to connect to 1734-IR2 module. But in the manual I see only wiring diagram for RTD 3 wire and 2 wire.
So can I connect my sensor to this module and how?
Thanks!

Yes a 4 wire RTD can be wired as a 3 wire or a 2 wire. Just leave one of the wires off, say for example use 2x red and 1x white. Alternatively you can land both whites on the same terminal if you just wanted to tie it down somewhere.

Alternatively you can land both whites on the same terminal if you just wanted to tie it down somewhere.
No, do not tie the extra white wire to the same terminal as the other white wire because doing so will distort lead wire resistance compensation calculation and result in an offset error.

Wire your 3 wire RTD input like it expects, with 3 wires, 2 red and one white.

Just cut off the 2nd white wire or tape it off, but do NOT connect the extra white wire to the white wire terminal.