Mettler Toledo AB-RIO & 1747-SN RIO

BrettL

Hi, I have a Mettler Toledo IND780 (AB-RIO) and a SLC5/04 with a 1747-sn RIO Scanner card. I have lost the configuration for the Ind780 communication. A-B RIO, PLC Data Format & PLC Message slots need to be reconfigured. If there is anyone familiar with this equipment, your help would be appreciated. Both Comm. lights on the 1747 and AB-RIO are solid Green.

The 1747-sn is in slot 1 of plc, with the following setup:

Scanned input words: 32
Scanned output words: 32
ISR #: 0
M0 Length: 3300
M1 Length: 3300
G file Length:3

Gfile Config:

Group 0, Full rack

The information required in the ind780:
A-B RIO:

Node address: (octal/decimal)(Numerical value)
Start Quarter: (1-4)
Last Rack: (enable/disable)
Data Rate: 57.6kB (dip switches on 1747)
Block Transfer:(enable/Disable)

PLC Data Format: Integer, Float, Division, Template, Application ( I beleive this should be float)
Byte order: historical, word swap , byte swap

PLC Message slots: these are deleted which is where I think our problem originated.

I am not too familiar with this terminology.

I have tried a number of different configs but I cant manage to see data in the input module. The only way I managed to send data from the scale was by using a template and selecting a shared data value, then i see data in the input module.

I have talked to some people from Mettler Toledo they stated that if I setup up floating point correctly the data should be sent from scale automatically.

There is one byte in the output module of the plc that changes every 6s. I think the value (decimal) is 10, 11, 12 and then cleared. I think this is request for, gross weight, net weight and tare weight.

Hey, I did get it working in the end. It was the communication configuration in the Ind780. It was awhile ago but if you have the "exact" same issue I could probably help out.

Im having the worst time trying to find the AB RIO cards for the 780, or for any. Seems that thyey have been discontinued and no longer for sale. Can anyone tell me where I can find some? Im trying to get thru to next year until we can replace every unit.