Was told that you can only coast down hill.

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Luckily, it wasn't towards me. But it got me thinking. I am getting old. Correction, I am now old. I need to up my game.
I'm thinking about learning Python.
Yay/Nay?

I once had this programming job that I thought was horrific.
Oil Field job.
The plc programs had been touched by a lot of ... let's just say, 'bless their heart' okies.
I eventually, became good at it (deciphering this monkey spaghetti) and it made me a better programmer for it.
I always wondered if somehow I could write a program to help me better understand the written plc program.
I.E. I once had a boss that would order the plc programs via huge FBD style pen and paper diagrams. It was actually kind of cool. Kind of peeved him off when I reduced this one huge one print down to one rung of logic using Boolean Algebra.

Last edited:
aren't none of us getting younger the numbers don't work that way
you're never too old to stop learning especially if you enjoy it
so just go for it
just so we are clear I can safely say I am senor to most here and have no plans to retire anytime soon

You may have seen it mentioned in and around here, you could also look at learning node-red. In this IoT world it is about being able to bring data together from many sources, and then to act on that data. I couldn't find any threads from you about node-red, so hopefully I am not suggesting something you are already an expert on.

https://nodered.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AR432bguOY
Loads more videos on youtube.