Motion Dirrect Commands

Most position control motion is simply back and forth.

Yes, a simple back and forth motion so I presume 2 dimensional.

Program sets a speed of 1800 mm/s
Module lists maximum speed at 2500.0 mm/s
Max acc/Dec is 15000.0
Velocity limit 2016.0

Using Motion dirrect, I can only move it about half the normal speed.

IDK, I presume if the Actual and target velocity differ by this amount it will fault.
It does seem a big number for a following error.

Are you adding jog instructions for those two axes or are they already in the program and you want to speed their hog speed?

I do not see them being jogged anywhere in the program.
Other axes do have jogging commands and their speed is changed and it is hard coded.

Code:
if Acc = 15000 Then
JogSpeed := 1083;
else
JogSpeed := 400;
end_if

Are you adding jog instructions for those two axes or are they already in the program and you want to speed their hog speed?

I do not see them being jogged anywhere in the program.
Other axes do have jogging commands and their speed is changed and it is hard coded.
Thanks Kal,

No, I'm just wondering why the drive speed is slower using MotionDirrect commands to move the axis. (Slower than when machine cycles)

With the machine sitting idol, I will execute a MAS, MAFR, MSO, then either a MAJ or a MAM command. Increasing the speed field only works up to a point.

It's my understanding that when I'm using MotionDirrect, I'm overriding program control, especially if I stop the drive (MAS) first.

Although unrelated, that code you posted is interesting. When StateMachine=1800 (Jog) it will run fast (1083) only when acc is set to 15000?

It looks to me when StateMachine=190 positions MAM and Mov_Guide loads the data from s10210 as well as s00025Axis_Setup speed and position.

Regardless of program, if I can enter a velocity 1800 in MDC, and it accepts it, why doesn't it move st a similar speed?

Post the code of the ADD-ON for the axis you are referring to so people can see what's happening.

From what I see, MAM is called a few times (three I think) for different conditions, and in what appears to be manual state they cut down ACC and DEC rate by four (divide the normal rate by 4) and everything else stays the same, specifically Velocity and S-Curve profile for motion control.

MAM is for absolute position control and unfortunately I forgot to check if the target position is changed somehow in manual mode.

This information may mean more to Peter and drbitboy, and in the manual they briefly hint that this makes it "2x" slower.

Thanks Kal,

No, I'm just wondering why the drive speed is slower using MotionDirrect commands to move the axis. (Slower than when machine cycles)

With the machine sitting idol, I will execute a MAS, MAFR, MSO, then either a MAJ or a MAM command. Increasing the speed field only works up to a point.
What do you mean by"I will execute", how?
There's no MAJ for either Axis A220,A225, and you said you did not add any instructions, are we still talking about those two axes?
How do execute MAM, what do you do, toggle a bit? What about the parameters, are they the same tags connected to the existing instructions?

Post the code of the ADD-ON for the axis you are referring to...
I can, but why is code relevant when running Motion Direct commands?

Are you saying MD commands are being overwritten by the program?
If so, would it do so with both MAJ and MAM?

I won't have access to this machine for a while, but I suppose I could view MD commands and Axis_A220.ActualVelocity in side by side windows to compare the two.

I had no idea what Motion Direct Command was until you posted that image.
No, program code will have no effect and that is according to the manual but I'm not sure to what extent axis configuration affects those commands.

Try Motion Generator instead for you powerflex axis.

There seem to be a difference, not sure exactly what.
See this manual

124.PNG 125.PNG

Last edited: