Uploading project from Omron NS12-TS01B-V2 HMI using CX -Designer v3.73

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I work for a used industrial machinery merchant. We try to get uploads from all our machines for future customer support and security.

Can some kind soul explain how I get an upload from an NS12-TS01B-V2 using CX-Designer v3.73, please? I know the NS12's IP address is 192.168.1.6. I have no idea what the FINS source and destination addresses are (in the transfer settings dialog).

There are serial ports on the rear. What cable would I need if I went that route?

There are USB A & B connectors, too. Can I get an upload via those?

The Ethernet communications can be a little troublesome. First, if you time out with bad settings, let it time out again (2 times). Not sure why but it is what it is and it takes a long time.

If you touch any 2 corners of the screen at the same time, you'll get the system menu. From here you can learn the FINS Network address and Node address. The Node address is typically the last octet of the IP address. The Source Network address is your PC. It should be different from the NS. If you don't have a huge network of devices then typically the Source is 0 and the NS will be 1 (or whatever address you see in the system menu Ethernet settings). Oh... if you can't find the settings in the system menu, press the Enable button.

You can upload via the USB or any of the serial ports. I'll find the pinout and post it.

Upload/Download via USB will use the B style in the Slave port. Honestly, I'm not sure what you would use the Master A port for, I've never used it. If it doesn't install automatically the drivers can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\Drivers\USB\PLC_NS.

Last edited:
Thank you, Mr Rack (or may I call you IO?). That's very good of you.

The IP address of my laptop is 192.168.1.98

The NS is 192.168.1.6

I can see nothing in the NS12's system menu that explicitly references FINS addresses.

With reference to the attached screenshot of the CX-Designer Network Settings dialog, could I ask you to tell me what goes where?

CX-Designer.png

Last edited:
Use a standard USB cable - much easier. No worry about IP or FINS addresses that way.

In the screen's system menu, press Enable then you will see Ethernet Setting to the right. I guess FINS is assumed since it does have fields for Network Add and Node Add. They will need to match the FINS Destination Address in your screen shot. Click on Driver tab to enter the NS IP address.

Or just use USB as Bob suggests.