E-Designer e410 bootup error

Armox

Hi all

Recently had a failing e410 unit that required a replacement.

On doing an upload and transfer I'm getting config error on the new unit?

Seem to go across fine with no issues, anything I could be looking at? Did have a nightmare trying to comms with the unit originally via rs232 had to go ethernet route

There may be a firmware difference, but there isn't much chance of getting any firmware now, they have been discontinued for a long time. The E410 was made by Beijer, I had a quick look but didn't see any firmware for the Cimrex 41 / E410.

The program that E-Designer produces can be opened in a text editor, obviously work on a copy, not the original. When I have had issues I have deleted the program bit by bit until the problem goes away, then I know where the problem is, and hopefully can find a way around.

This is the top of a E-Designer program opened in Notepad
Code:
; CIMREX PROG import/export file

[Project]
CreateTime=20090120
ModTime=20090723
Doc=
ObjectId=0
SupportsLoadable=TRUE
PLCDriver=beS7200ppi
PLCProtocol=S7200PPI
PLCModel=S7200PPI
Pattern=Solid
LineWidth=1
TextBlockFontSize=7
GraphBlockZoom=2
DefaultObjectBgColor=12632256
DefaultObjectFgColor=0
IONaming=
Terminal=BEPP64T_150
CtrlUnit=
CtrlUnitVersion=
DistrCompany=Beijer Electronics AB
ProductName=Information Designer
ProductVersion=1.50 Build 308

What version of E-Designer are you using & what firmware version is on the HMI.
Perhaps try creating a new simple application & try downloading that, if it still fails it could be firmware version is too old.

Cheers for this it's much appreciated.

On further talking it seems it is now a comms error rather than config error.

I'm using rs422 for coms out, with settings of on port 2

Baudrate 19200
Databits 7
Stop bits 1
Parity even

Pretty sure this didn't change when I was transferring over, could it something else causing the error? Or again possibly firmware related?

Try 9600 as the baud rate, what PLC is it connected to ? is it A Mitsubishi ?
Normally, the Beijer HMI will talk at any baud rate, Mitsubishi defaults to 9600 but like GXworks & certainly the Beijer HMI's (E1000 type) are capable of auto negotiate the baud rate (found this out when using Kepware OPC, I connected Kepware to an FX2N, it worked fine at 19200, however, after it was powered down, it would not talk, went on-line with GXWorks at 19200 & after that it connected) it appears that as Mitsubishi used re-badged Beijers before they dropped them in favour of their own GOT they must have given them the protocol to change the baud rate when connecting, I must assume that GXDev or Works must try the different coms parameters, once connected, forces the Mitsubishi to run at those settings, There does not seem to be any other HMI's & OPC servers that can do this. It may be worth a try (if a Mitsi PLC), could be as these are old & perhaps the one you have is an early model that might not be capable of auto negotiate without a firmware update, there are updated drivers but not sure if Beijers still have them.
On a side note, I tried to find how they could change the com parameters, there are probably some reserved data memories to set them like there is for the add on coms boards but they do not seem to be documented.

Generally a COMM Error means that the HMI can't talk to the PLC, so it would be worth just checking the settings. Also is the PLC powered up? It might sound silly to ask, but it is easy to look at the bit on the lid and forget that the bit on the base plate also needs to work.

Go to Project / Properties to make sure that the right driver is selected.
The to Setup /Peripherals where you can check the COM settings, but also right click the driver and select Properties, there may be a specific setting for your PLC there.