FactoryTalk View ME V12 : Display List Selector

Radhik

Hi everyone,

I have to convert keypad HMI to Touch screen but I don't know how to convert my Display List Selector from navigation key to touch?

Or how can I create a new similar list for touch?

See below picture

Please go easy on me because this is the first time I am using this.

Thanks

2.png 3.png

You have a couple options.

If you want to keep the list, you can add navigation buttons to scroll through and an enter key to select a screen. See nav.png.
You can link these buttons to your list from the properties of each button. See btn.png, under other change send press to "Linked Object" and select your DisplayListSelector so ensure it is only controlling that list.

You could also replace the list with a different "Goto Display" button for each screen so it is one press to get to each screen. See goto.png, in the properties for those buttons you can link it to the screen you want it to go to and change the visuals.

nav.png btn.png goto.png

Agree with the previous posters on what you need to do. I'll just add that although linking the buttons to the display list selector won't hurt anything, it isn't really necessary.

When you have a keypad PanelView unit (instead of a touch panel) there is nothing linking the physical keys to the list selector on your screen. They are automatically linked based on the selected object.

Where it gets tricky is when you have more than one list selector on the same display. Then those keys will scroll whichever list selector has been selected. Touch one then the scroll keys will work there. Touch the other and then the keys will only scroll that selector. So you could build the buttons once and it would work on each list selector.

In that case though, it is usually better to give each selector their own keys and link them to that specific list selector. Less confusing. But if you only have one selector on that display, linking isn't required.

OG

If you want to keep the list, you can add navigation buttons to scroll through and an enter key to select a screen. See nav.png.
You can link these buttons to your list from the properties of each button. See btn.png, under other change send press to "Linked Object" and select your DisplayListSelector so ensure it is only controlling that list.

You could also replace the list with a different "Goto Display" button for each screen so it is one press to get to each screen. See goto.png, in the properties for those buttons you can link it to the screen you want it to go to and change the visuals.

Thank you so much. Appreciate your help. I will go with the first reference in which I don't have to do too many changes.

Another question?

One of the pages used to ask for passwords as soon as we select it from the Display List Selector. Now I have converted, that property is gone. How can I add just a simple like below?

4.jpg

I have not seen that particular password pop up window before in FT View ME. Some items use an E-signature, but it doesn't look like that. I'm kind of stumped as to what it could be.

The display list selector has no means to prompt for a password (or a username). If you have access to a display it opens, if you do not, you get a pop up diagnostic window letting you know you do not have access.

OG

Are you converting from an original Panelview (not Plus)? That looks like the style of security that they used.

As OG said, the display list selector cannot generate a prompt and a display will open or not based on the current login and that screen's security settings; if a display is restricted you must log in before attempting to access it.

FT View ME uses different security. In explorer, scroll down to the server system folder, and under System->Users and Groups->Users, you can create your various users. As OG said, you will have a username and password assigned to them instead of just a password.
Once the users are created, go to project system folder->Runtime Security to set access rights for your users. Then open the display you want secured, right click in the display and open display properties to set access level of that screen.
Have to put a log in button on one of the unsecured screens so that users can log in, since like was mentioned, auto prompt for log in is not in FT View.

I have not seen that particular password pop up window before in FT View ME. Some items use an E-signature, but it doesn't look like that. I'm kind of stumped as to what it could be.

The display list selector has no means to prompt for a password (or a username). If you have access to a display it opens, if you do not, you get a pop up diagnostic window letting you know you do not have access.

OG

I think it is from Go to Button.

Are you converting from an original Panelview (not Plus)? That looks like the style of security that they used.

As OG said, the display list selector cannot generate a prompt and a display will open or not based on the current login and that screen's security settings; if a display is restricted you must log in before attempting to access it.

Yes from Panelview.