Graphing Amp draw/power consumption PF525

BradleyAllen1

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on to how i could monitor and possibly graph Amp draw on our Powerflex 525 Drives. These drives are connected through studio 5000. I can view the live data through the drive but i need to chart this value over time. I was hoping there was a tool like "Trend" that would work for drive data. I also have access to CCW if i can accomplish that through there. Thanks!

You would need a historian for that. I think VT Scada has a free version that can do it. What HMI / scada system are you using now?

We are using AB panelview HMI's. Scada is ran through ignition, but no real supervisory control, just more monitoring. We actually tried using AOI's in studio 5000 to export the amperage data but the data collection caused issues with the networking of our SCADA software, no issues that impeded operations but caused connection issues. So im trying to find a simpler less taxing way to gather the information

If you have ignition then use that. Don't use AOIs, use UDTs instead. There is plenty on the ignition forum about this.

Pay attention to the deadband on the tags. You don't need to log data unless it makes that the on change deadband is realistic.

What is your goal and purpose ? Are you monitoring a slow process, or trying to detect upsets or malfunctions in a mechanism that needs to capture data very quickly ?

Whenever someone asks "how do I log data" the first questions should be about how much data, and how fast.

There shouldn't be any need for complex data-types or program mechanisms. PowerFlex 525's easily report their output power or current via an Input Data "DataLink", or with an instruction as simple as a repeating MSG configured for Parameter Read or Get Attribute Single.

Whenever someone asks "how do I log data" the first questions should be about how much data, and how fast.

+1 yup, same first things I thought of. Do you want a running plot of the last X minutes/hours/days, or do you want a long-term history where you can pick a time period to select data to plot?

E.g. if it's slow enough, you could use Python to log to a Google Sheet like this link; that was live at one point. But that is probably more work than Ignition or one of the custom platforms.
_