FactoryTalk View Point speed

gregorytorp

Hello,

I have a workstation running a FactoryTalk SE Local Station HMI app. I am running an SE client on the same workstation.

I will use FactoryTalk Viewpoint to provide access to the HMI app

I have two options for network connection to the workstation:
1. ADSL circuit with 2.3 Mbps down and 4.6 Mbps up at 20k dollars

2. Fiber circuit at 95k dollars.

My question is: is the ADSL speed adequate for Viewpoint application? Rockwell techConnect says there isn't a mention of bandwidth requirement. Anyone here with similar setup above?

I don't really have any experience with similar applications. but if you are ready to spend 20-95k I would contact your local Rockwell rep and see if you can get any advice/consulting help before you make your decision.