Barcode application Studio5000

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm working on a barcode application in Studio5000. This is the first time I've worked on something like this. I think I can basically use the logic in the Look_Up_A_Barcode_Sample_Logic.ACD example that comes as part of the "samples" when you install Studio5000. What I don't understand is, what tag does the actual currently scanned barcode go into? Is it the "product_id" tag? Anyone familiar with this sample logic that can help me? Thanks!

All barcodes are handled a little different depending on device, you'll be better off starting with looking up the code from the vendor that you are using to either mark the barcode or read the barcode.

I got my barcode reader to scan to a string tag in my HMI. I need to know what PLC tag in Look_Up_A_Barcode_Sample_Logic.ACD this HMI tag should correspond to. Hoping that someone else on here is familiar with this sample logic since it is installed with Studio5000 by default.

In that example, 'product_id' is the scanned barcode, but the example is about looking up which values in the array match the scanned barcode..
You may have a better luck if you post to alt.read.my.mind. I know there are many good readers in New Orleans.