Looking for a high temperature rated pressure transmitter

RonJohn

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day folks. We've had to replace our boiler makeup water deaerator tank pressure transmitter quite often since commissioning the tank. The IFM units we use elsewhere cannot seem to handle the 230°F (110°C) for too long. What make/model have others used in similar circumstances? Looking for analog 4-20mA output, scalable to 0-30psi. Thanks in advance.

The typical way to deal with high process temperatures is to use a longer impulse line, which since the medium in the impulse line is dead-headed, there is no 'flow' so the medium cools to near ambient temperature over a gradient.

But all pressure transmitters rated have some process temperature and ambient temperature maxiumum spec.

A Honeywell industrial tops out at 110°C process in 85°C ambient.

Wika F20 is rated 120°C at 85°C ambient.

Omega has a couple of those high temperature pressure transmitters
Omega PX91-MV at 204°C or the Omega PX4200-I at 125 Deg C

I've used many a Endress +Hauser Cerabar transmitter.
Cerabar PMC71 Process temperture -40 to 150°C
Cerabar PMP55 Process temperture -70 to 400°C
If you don't mind the price.

We use PR mostly (with built in converter), for higher temperature applications we use the long neck type. If it is still too hot, you may have to rethink your tank insulation.

Another option could be using thermo-couple instead.

Thanks for the responses folks.

DanW, I bet the longer impulse line could do the trick as I think this is what we have on our boilers. This'll be plan A.

John Soltesz & Crittenden: We use some E+H products elsewhere; I'll have to check these out. (Kudos, John, on making it out alive! I believe I did some service work at your old plant a few years back)

Boneless: Who is PR?

I did a boo boo, thought you we're look for temp. transmitter :), sorry about that!

For pressure we use Danfoss or Yokogawa. +1 for the impulse line.

PR electronics, maybe more common in Europe :).