GE Machine Edition Ver 9.8

jimdi4

Hello,

I am new to GE (Emerson) Machine Edition ver 9.8. I have a loaner processor until i get the one i ordered, model IC695CPE330, i am trying to connect to it but get:
Error 8071- Invalid IP Address
Error 8500 - Could not connect to device.
Since it probably had an IP address in it already, it doesn't match what i put in to the PLC program, i get that, but how can I either Reset CPU to factory default or reset the IP address in the existing CPU?

I found below website that showed a Machine Edition version where they had you go to the "tools/utilities" tab at top, but my version only says "Utilities"
https://controllogic.com.au/blog/po...the-set-temporary-ip-address-tool-in-2-steps/
I dont have the capability to set temp ip address.....Any thought comments appreciated..and thanks in advance...🔨

Last edited:
The CPE330 has a default address of 10.10.0.100. You should set this as the address to connect in the Inspector.
Once connected, start your download. When the hardware configuration has loaded, you will be disconnected.
Change to your configured address in the Inspector, reconnect and start your download again.

Here is a link to the CPU reference manual from Emerson. Section 3.4.1 is "Establishing Initial Ethernet Communications".

The 10.10.0.100 address is for a new, fresh out of the box CPU. If the person who loaned it to you set a different IP address you'll need to get it from them. I'm pretty sure the IP address is saved in flash memory so it won't be cleared by powering down with the battery removed.