GE Machine Edition Ver 9.8 - Reset IP address

jimdi4

Hello,

I am new to GE (Emerson) Machine Edition ver 9.8 I have a loaner processor until i get the one i ordered, model IC695CPE330, i am trying to connect to it but get:
Error 8071- Invalid IP Address
Error 8500 - Could not connect to device.
Since it probably had an IP address in it already, it doesn't match what i put in to the PLC program, i get that, but how can I either Reset CPU to factory default or reset the IP address in the existing CPU?

I found below website that showed a Machine Edition version where they had you go to the "tools/utilities" tab at top, but my version only says "Utilities"
https://controllogic.com.au/blog/po...the-set-temporary-ip-address-tool-in-2-steps/
I don't have the capability to set temp ip address.....Any thought comments appreciated..and thanks in advance...🔨

UPDATE - Just received reply back from GE - the "Temporary IP Address" was removed in ver 9.8 since it wasn't reliable...

Last edited: