Moving Rockwell Licensing between CodeMeter Servers

jakeparsons03

The way our rockwell licensing is set up (as far as I can tell) is that it is all hosted through CodeMeter. I have a VM with Licensing hosted locally through codemeter. I would like to bring all of that licensing over to my host machine via CodeMeter as well but I can't seem to figure out how to do that through the CodeMeter utility. The root of what I am trying to do is move the Rockwell Automation License container from my VM to my host machine. Has anyone done this before?

Last edited:
So far I think I have happened upon a way to turn my VM into a "network server" and bounce my host licensing off of it but its done with static IP addresses so I know that if I hop on a different network with DHCP its all going to change. Plus thats not really the way I want to do it anyway.

The newer version (V26 +) is hosted through CodeMeter. If you want older version you have to get legacy licensing.

It's going to be a chore, but can't you just rehost all the licenses one at a time?