E+H Pressure Transmitter / Schneider TM3AI2H Wiring

jweav2223

I'm trying to wire a Endress+Hauser PMP71 Pressure Transmitter to a Schneider Electric TM3AI2H Analog Input Module. The Pressure Transmitter is powered by the 4-20mA loop. If I wire 24+/24- to the Transmitter it powers up as expected but when wiring to the Module it does not power up. Seems pretty basic but not working as anticipated. Sending 24+ to the E+H + Terminal. The E+H - Terminal is terminated on the Analog Input Module Terminal I0+. The 24- is terminated on the Analog Input Module Terminal IO-.

E+H PRESSURE TRANSMITTER WIRING.png TM3AI2H ANALOG MODULE.png

It looks like it is loop powered, so connect 24V to the +ve terminal of the E&H connect the -Ve terminal of the E&H to IO+ of the card & 0V to the card IO-.

It looks like it is loop powered, so connect 24V to the +ve terminal of the E&H connect the -Ve terminal of the E&H to IO+ of the card & 0V to the card IO-.

This is exactly what I was thinking and wired it up as. The Pressure Transmitter doesn't power up as expected however. Per E+H I hooked up 24+ and 24- to the Pressure Transmitter to test powering up and it does power up as expected, but not when connected in the 4-20mA loop.

As I read it, you wired the loop properly, but have you powered the AI card with 24Vdc on the 24V and 0V terminals?

Is the card a MA and Voltage input type card? If so, have you correctly configured it for MA input? Some cards have dipswitches or jumpers, others are software configurable.

Software configurable and that was the issue it seems. I'm new to the Schneider Controllers. Connected to a Unitronics unit and worked without issues. I had someone do the base program since I was new to it and I went in behind and cleaned it up, added to it and made it more to where I could troubleshoot easier if needed. They set up and scaled the 4-20mA in the ladder but they left it Not Active on the AI Module configuration. I updated to 4-20mA and it seems to be working. Appreciate everyone's assistance