Verification of Melsec modules firmware with GXworks3

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
A cry for help to parky and Mitsubishi gurus.

How do you confirm the firmware version of the iQR PLC or a module such as the RJ71GN11-T2? I have a setup here connected to GXWorks 3, and the different screens under Diagnostics show information about the CPU and the RJ71GN11-T2, but to my astonishment do not show the firmware version. Getting 'H0300A' error which suggests incompatibility between the CPU and the CC-Link IE TSN master module.

I downloaded the latest firmware for both of these products, because I purchased them through auction websites as there is no stock at Mitsubishi distributors (this is intended for development of field device, not for use in shop floor), so I suspect both modules firmware is very old.
I have never updated firmware of Mitsubishi PLC modules before. Can't see a firmware update option in GXWorks 3. If you can point me to the right path, will be very grateful.
Edit: This CPU does not have SD card slot.

Last edited:
Glad you found something, to be honest I have never used or even looked at updating firmware on Mitsi, the last one I tried was on a AB PV plus it failed & the cost from Rockwell to sort it was nearly as much as a new one.

I did find something, but unfortunately I do not succeed updating the firmware of the TSN module. I am, afraid the hardware version is too old for the latest firmware. Tried both update through the GXWorks3 utility and SD card, but both methods fail. Mitsubishi Electric tech support is away for the Golden Week break so I need to wait until next week.