TIA portal - modbus tcp

Varri

Hi!

Science we don’t get any ready-to-go modbus functions from my Siemens I wanted to ask you TIA users:

In your experience, what’s the best practice for modbus with Siemens?

Modbus blocks are in the comms section of the instructions. I've just used them to talk to a nidec drive.

Just to add that Siemens is pretty sh***y with Modbus implementation as it doesn't support function 23H ( read and write multiple registers)

Just to add that Siemens is pretty sh***y with Modbus implementation as it doesn't support function 23H ( read and write multiple registers)
Which commercial Modbus Master/clients do support Function Code 23H? I have yet to run into one that does.

There are slave/server devices that support FC 23 and there's one odd-ball that supports only FC 23, which display a remarkable ignorance of market conditions in my opinion.

@danw
Most HMIs and VFDs I use support it. Mitsubishi and Codesys based PLC use it. It makes life much easier for programmer when you can read and write in one cycle.