Honeywell Control Edge900 & HCi Designer Studio

MAKSM

Hello Expert,

I'm now with Honeywell Products.
Can some one advise which connection setting to be used during HMI development using HCi Designer Studio to communicate between Honeywell CPM, ControlEdge 900 (900CP1-0200) & HMI (HCiRW10-TE-FD-NC).
Does HC-900 series same as Control Edge 900 PLC

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-11 at 5.23.58 PM.jpeg

>Does HC-900 series same as Control Edge 900 PLC?

The I/O modules and rack power supplies are interchangeable.

But the development software for the HC-900 CPU controllers is not the same software that the ControlEdge PLC uses. The HC-900 and the ControlEdge PLC have radically different functionality with radically different software.

The HC-900 HMI, p/n 900CR1x-00 needs to be programmed with ControlEdge HC900 Designer Software, p/n HC-DSGRSW. But you don't reference that HMI.

I don't know what CPM is or the other HMI part number, so they're probably part numbers associated with ControlEdge PLC, which someone else will have to comment on.

>Does HC-900 series same as Control Edge 900 PLC?

The I/O modules and rack power supplies are interchangeable.

But the development software for the HC-900 CPU controllers is not the same software that the ControlEdge PLC uses. The HC-900 and the ControlEdge PLC have radically different functionality with radically different software.

The HC-900 HMI, p/n 900CR1x-00 needs to be programmed with ControlEdge HC900 Designer Software, p/n HC-DSGRSW. But you don't reference that HMI.

I don't know what CPM is or the other HMI part number, so they're probably part numbers associated with ControlEdge PLC, which someone else will have to comment on.

The 900CP1-0200 is the ControlEdge PLC processor. While I know what the HCi is, I haven't used it.

Based on the way you set it up, the ControlEdge PLC supports Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, OPCUA, and (I think DNP3). There may be others. My recommendation to the OP is that He/She use configure the PLC to use Modbus TCP and use that driver in the HCi.