Studio5000 RAPID Equipment Interface - PACKML

italo2008

Good morning all

Someone of you have experience with this toolkit and PackML? Mine is close to 0.

Customer ask us for PackML, and I found (or it seems to me) that this toolkit can help me to implement PackML without write too much code.

I downloaded the toolkit and import into the PLC project, It compiles without errors but I have some questions:

1. the "toolkit" consists of 1 AddON and all the required data types: does it need any license? It seems that I cannot read or modify internal code of AOI, is this only a read and write source protection or do I need a license?

2. Reading the quick start guide, it tells me that I can use this AOI for PackML , simply mapping PackTags to the structures that I found inside the toolkit, OR mapping directly packTags to the AOI interface. In the PackML example on the quickStart (at the end of chapter 2), it refers to PAckML_Data variable (wich contains all the packtags, I suppose), and the interface of the AOI is slightly different. I don't understand if somewhere I can find the dataType of the PackML_Data variable, or if I have to write it

Any ideas or suggestions?

thank you