Modbus communication via modbus serial (485) to modbus tcp/ip

Dear All,

I have to establish the communication between the VIPA PLC CPU315SN-4NE11 & Geo PMAC Motion Controller using the MODBUS RTU Protocol. Also there is one converter (MODBUS SERIAL RS-485 TO MODBUS TCP/IP) in between these two controllers. For VIPA Programming I am using the STEP-7 Software of Siemens.

communication via modbus serial (485) to modbus tcp/ip

Helloooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Does there is anybody who has done such interfacing?
Yesterday I have established the communication between the above mentioned controllers, but it is having one problem.I am able write the data to the slave (Geo PMAC), But unable to read the data from the slave.
I have used SFC 216 inside the STEP-7 to initialise the Modbus RTU Protocol.
SFC 217 is used to send command & SFC 218 to receive the response.

Please reply if anybody has tried such interfacing.

Now I have established the communication between the VIPA CPU315-4NE11 & Motion Controller.But, it has one problem is that, I am able to write the data immediately but unable to read it immediately. It takes too much time (15-20 seconds)to read the data. What may be the problem??????????

Make sure there is some inter-message delay. RS485 2-wire really needs this. 50ms should be aok. If not, there will be contention for those wires and a few of the bits will lose.