Asco pressure transmitter

Jeff23spl

Hello gang
I have a simple one where i need to wire an asco 4-20mA transmitter but i can't try it as i won't have it and the customer wouldn't have the skills to change wires if it doesn't work at first...
The spec isn't clear to me if it is a 2 or 4 wires...

The transmitter have a
Supply +
Supply -
Output +
Output -
Looking as it is a 4 wires but one of the output is stated
(Milivolts only)
Do someone ever try this kind of probe ?

http://www.ascovalve.ca/images/pdfcatalogue/40_Series.pdf

I read it as a four wire device.

What is the complete catalog number? That will tell you what it's output is.

catnumber.jpg

40A00200-P-4-B-0-000

But the wiring color code is the same for a voltage or mA device while just one of the lead is stated to be reserved for milivolts....I never used a 3 wires 4-20ma....is it a 4 wires with a common refference ?

40A00200-P-4-B-0-000

But the wiring color code is the same for a voltage or mA device while just one of the lead is stated to be reserved for milivolts....I never used a 3 wires 4-20ma....is it a 4 wires with a common refference ?

The wire says millivolts. There's no concern here for mA, just that it doesn't put out any voltage. If you had equipment that needed a 24V 4-20mA signal, you might have a problem. Typically, the mA voltage requirements are small, you can supply mA with a Fluke meter.

Use the V wires for 24 volts, and the S wires for signal. don't worry about the voltage requirement; they are just saving some paper or something by not splitting it all out.

Correct sensor only use the red wire and put it on 24 volts and the black wire goes to your input. and a line from the negative input to ground (most are in the plc.)
you can use a simulator to test your setup.
if needed a calibrator look on the forum for roy matson

:) i did it the right way and reached the supplyer of my customer to get the details...
4-20mA Is a 2 wires probe and it is a 4 or 3 wires if the volts option is selected...