Powerflex 750 series VSD - fault reset parameter

nylie2

Hi,

I need some help on how to reset fault on the Powerflex 750 via ladder logic.

I have looked through the parameter documentation and I could not find any parameter related to clear fault on VSD. The only other parameter I found was P156 which is a digital input.

Does anyone know of any other parameter that I can use to do a software reset for the fault on the VSD so I can assign it to datalink and use it in ladder logic?

Thanks.

How are you communicating with the drive? Are you using the ladder logic in the drive? is it a powerflex 753 or 755. We need some more informatio to help ypu out.

The drive that I am using is both powerflex 753 and 755. Communication is via Ethernet/IP and the ladder logic is from a controllogic rack which is separate from the drive.

Basically what I intend to do is to set the fault reset parameter to a datalink output data in the module defination page. From there I will use the datalink tags in rslogix ladder logic.

Easier than it looks: Bit 03, "Reset"

You don't need messaging or parameters or DataLinks.

I presume you're connecting to the drive over a network and have the Command Word defined or mapped somewhere in your controller.

Bit 03 of the Command Word is always* the Reset command for an Allen-Bradley variable-speed drive.

When you set that bit true, the drive should reset any resettable faults.

The Command Word is described in detail in Appendix D (page 235) of the PowerFlex 755 embedded EtherNet/IP adapter user manual.

* For all the drives I'm familiar with and can think of right now, using most network adapters.

If you add the drives into your project, the tags are created for you. I have attached a version 19 example for you to look at.

Hi Ken & Kev,

I found the tags now. Didn't realize they were located in such an obvious location.

Thanks for the help.