Modicon 140 CPU 113 03 with modbus plus network

alijuda

Hi everybody ,
I hope all friends in best situation , I needs your help to solve my big problem with Schneider PLC network
i working to re-programmed backwashing filter system consisted of :

1- PLC 140CPU113 03
2- 20 station of drop I/O using CRA211 dropbus
3- 20 XBTG2220 HMI

I needs your kindly help to find :

1- is possible to change the 140 CPU 113 03 PLC with new model from modicon PLC

2- what the way to reprogrammed modbus plus network with unity pro software

3- if any one have example for unity pro DI/DO and analog input using ladder language

Iam new with schnieder and needs your kindly help

Best regards
Ali:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Hi,

there are a couple of unity based quantum processors which will work. Look at the schneider website and pick one that will have sufficient memory for your application. unity has the ability to import old LL984 applications, however you need to have the old concept project files I think.

Being able to import the old application is probably a good starting point for you.

Unity supports both state ram (0,1,3,4 modbus style addressing) and unlocated variables. If you stick with located variables and state ram then upgrading the hmis will be a lot easier. State ram usage and setup is well documented in unity.

I haven't used modbus plus remote drops with unity, only concept. Have you read the unity help file for the RIO card?

All local IO can simply be referred to in unity by mapping a variable to the memory address of the io point. I.e. analogs are %IW, digital in are %I and outputs %Q. Analog input on rack 0, slot 3, channel 1 would be %IW0.3.1 etc.

Dear Saffa

Many Thanks for your reply
firstly i will try to connected CPU113 03 by using Concept basic version and RS232 cable
if this not succeeded i will ordered the Concept 2.6 XL from Schneider
Now i reading the user manual for concept

Many Thanks again for your reply
Best Regards
Ali

If there is budget for it, I would seriously consider purchasing a Unity based processor and a copy of Unity Pro (I think you need XL for Quantum processors). Concept is now a "mature" product and I think will soon be obsolete.

Good luck, this sounds like a reasonably challenging project if you have never worked with the Quantum gear before!

Dear Saffa

Thank you for reply
I will update you when find the solution, first i will try to download the PLC file ,
if thats not working i will try to order stand alone modicon CPU working with Unity pro and matching with existing I/O

Many thanks again for your interested

Regards
Ali