Plc Dl-250 (how Can I Find A V-memory Address?)

delatorre

Could you help me to find a v-memory address in a DL-250 PLC?

My problem is that when I want to search the V2100 address with the Direct Soft program, it says that it "can´t find the item given" but with my project running on my PC in a place where I can change a value I can see that this item it has the V2100 addressing.

What can I do? because I need to copy the part of the program where this address is, in order to add a new sequence.

I appreciate all Your Help.

A litle more info may be required.

If the V register is directly referenced in the ladder logic as a timer preset, or in a compare, or in a math function, the find function (CTRL-F) will locate it.

If the V register is buried in the middle of a block of registers like a communication command to another PLC, then the find command won't locate it.

Whether or not the register is used in the program, you can enter the register in a watch window or in the Debug / Change Value window and you can enter values and see the current value. That register just may not be doing anything for your control logic.

Remember, you can assign nicknames or values on all kinds of registers and bits that aren't ever used in the program.

What exactly is V2100 supposed to do? Where does the value originate? Where is it supposed to end up? A little more detail will be helpful.

You can monitor v-memory tables by going to debug-data view-new in the directsoft program.

Under the element tag put in v2100.

If you have a nickname assigned to that address it will automatically change to the nickname.

Under view-options-data view check all boxes.

Once you are online with the plc click debug-all status on and you will be able to view your data in the data view window.

One other suggestion is that under data view, you select split screen vertically so you can view ladder and data at the same time.

Hope this helps

John