Siemens IL-70 PC Comms

Zombo

We have 2 Siemens IL-70 PC touchpanels
connected to 2 S7-315-2DP PLCs on seperate
machinery. The machines however are in a production cell. The connection is made through the X2-DP port via profibus.
Also we have a 3rd S7-315 in the same cell
on another peice of machinery. We have
Siemens simatic S7 programming software
installed on both IL-70's for editing or
troubleshooting. If possible how could a change made on one IL-70 PC be automatically updated on the other IL-70 PC? Right now if you make a programming change on one unit the other has a different program.

Here is a "relatively" simple way to do it:

Setup both PCs so that they are on the same network and so that they share a backup folder on one of the PCs (or better yet: A server drive).

Before editing the programs, allways use the "retrieve" function to get the latest version of the program.

When using the "archive" function, point to the shared folder for storing the .zip file. Use a version number in the filename and increment it everytime edits have been made.

I dont think it can be done 100% automatically.
Under Options ... Customize ... Archiving , the path for archiving and retrieving can be set.