Im having problems with a program pt 1.

arosenbach

im working on a program where a process mixes a material durring the night when the facility is not in production. the material for the next day has to mix a minimum of 12 hrs mix speed must be controlled or the mixture wont set up correctly for the next day. i have to use a DC motor to rotate the magnet past a proximityu sensor. voltage from a seperate power supply can control the motor speed. while the ladder cannot easily control the motor speed, the on off of the motor must be controlled by the brogram through the SLC. the photo sensor should control the power to the motor, due to the darkness when the facility shuts down. speed should be continuously monitored and if it gets to slow or to fast an alarm should go off. speed should be kept between 200 and 500 rpm's and we have to use the 4-20mA to send the speed out to the digital panel meter. a start/stop rung should be included such that the operation can be stopped and restarted.

If you search past posts you will see that nobody gets a question like this answered here. You need to be specific about where you are having the problem. Post the logic you have so far, blah, blah, blah.

Ok. If I understand you correctly you are trying to control the speed of the DC mixing motor. Is that correct?

Assuming it is, you have a prox sensor that should be monitoring the rotation of said motor. From what you see by that prox, you are determining the speed of the motor and then displaying it on a panel meter. While you have indicated that the speed of the motor needs to be maintained, you have not indicated what control technique you are using.

So what are you having problems with? Any logic you have already worked out would help greatly.

Steve

Me thinks something be fishy here!

i have to use a DC motor to rotate the magnet past a proximityu sensor.
To do what exactly? Rotating a magnet past a proximity sensor hardly seems worth the effort.

voltage from a seperate power supply can control the motor speed
Are you sure? Sounds kind of like a DC drive but not quite.

while the ladder cannot easily control the motor speed, the on off of the motor must be controlled by the brogram through the SLC.
By this I assume you mean that the SLC is not capable of controlling the motor speed? That may or may not be true depending on your skill as a programmer and the I/O that you have. Surely the SLC can turn the motor off and on. But so can a switch.

the photo sensor should control the power to the motor, due to the darkness when the facility shuts down.
Kind of like the streetlights in your neighborhood?

speed should be kept between 200 and 500 rpm's and we have to use the 4-20mA to send the speed out to the digital panel meter.
Ya know, this whole thing is beginning to sound like an assignment from a student work book. Good thing there is no tight speed control requirement.

a start/stop rung should be included such that the operation can be stopped and restarted.
You think?

I am in agreement with Vetteboy and Steve, you have to do some work here and post something that you may need help with. Otherwise, ask your instructor or other students in your class what they think.