which type of controller use in PLC

:confused::confused:Hey I want know "which type of controller use in PLC"?:confused::confused:

Currently i am woking on PLC SCADA & all. but every time a question rises in my mind PLC have which type of controller. Is a type of Micro controller ?:confused::confused:

I asked this question to few person but no body can tell me the actually it has.:confused::confused:

So please if any body know and have a good explanation so leave a reply of my question.

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused:Hey I want know "which type of controller use in PLC"?:confused::confused:

Currently i am woking on PLC SCADA & all. but every time a question rises in my mind PLC have which type of controller. Is a type of Micro controller ?:confused::confused:

I asked this question to few person but no body can tell me the actually it has.:confused::confused:

So please if any body know and have a good explanation so leave a reply of my question.

:confused::confused:
It's a microprocessor. But only if you're in class or want to do something more or less illegal with it, you might be wondering what type. Why would you care? You have the tools to program it and it does it's job, period.

Hello,

Back in the day when I would take controllers apart to see what was in them, the CPU used ran the complete list. 8031, Z80, 68000, 8085, 8086, 80286, etc..

Some used custom ASIC or FPGA.

And today some of those older cores are still used, with added features. Last year I worked on a device that was based on a 8051 core, it was a TI chip.

So, for me, what CPU is used, really depends on the design goals.

it is almost the same question as what is used in an computer
i mean old days were 8051,Z80 (like the ZX spectrum)
atari, commodore64, 6800, 8085, etc.

nowadays lot is ARM, or even a regular Intel many running windows enbedded.

even within one family different processors are used, as this cross assembly multiplatform software is now normal.
http://devices.codesys.com/device-directory.html
this is a list of >500 devices all programmable with one type of software.