Point IO 1734-AENT(R) LED Status

Usireland

Hi All,

I´ve been trying for a while but without much luck. I would like the monitor the 4 LEDs on the front of a 1734-AENT(R) module.
Allen-Bradley--1734-AENTR.jpg

They are:
Module Status
Network Activity
Network Status
Point Bus Status.

Does anyone know of a way via GSV or Message to get the status (Color and if they're flashing or not) of these LEDs?

Thanks
Ian

Why?
You can get the comms module status, and the status of all attached I/O modules directly. Why worry about the LEDs?

Client Request, they would like to be able to "see" the Remote IO adapter without needing to open the cabinet, so I wanted to do a Faceplate with the Leds etc.

Edit to add: They don't want an acrylic cut out in the panel, in case anyone would suggest that.

Last edited:
Some customers are simply idiots. Just knowing the Connection status would work, which you can get from the MODULE | EntryStatus GSV. You can use that to simulate the module's run and connection LED's I suppose, then use MODULE | LedStatus to get the state of the I/O bus status, but poll them over a decent time period, maybe 100ms or so between GSV calls.

GSV's get CPU expensive when you start extracting a ton of information from every module.

Hi ,

Can you please provide me the detail PLC coding for the use MODULE | LedStatus to get the state of the I/O bus status, but poll them over a decent time period, maybe 100ms or so between GSV calls.

Thank you for information. How I monitor the port link 1 and port link 2 status on the 1734-aentr.. .on this module, there are two link port... Can we monitor the status for two ports...