Omron C200H programming cable.

ToddM

Hi Folks, I hope somebody can help me. I work mostly with Allen Bradly PLC's a few GE fanuc and siemens Step 7s. But the company I work for has just installed some used sample machines with Omron C200H/cpu01 PLCs. We have a copy of Syswin 3.4 for the only other Omron PLC we have.It's my understanding that I can still use this software to communicate to these C200H PLCs and all I have to do is convert the programs. What type cable do I need to communicate with and where do I plug into the processor? The only connections I see are a minature D shell with 20 pins and another long connector that almost looks like a printer port. I also have a LK201-V1 RS232C module in the rack but it's being used for something else. Can I put another one of these in the rack? And if I can, can I network these machines together using this module.Any help or info would be apprecated. Thanks ToddM

There's currently two Compiler programs for the Omron:

Syswin and CX-Programmer.

CX-Programmer can read and convert Syswin files into CX-P files.

I'm not sure if Syswin can read CX-P, would guess not though.

Once Syswin files converted they cannot be reversed back to Syswin.